Interested in a position at Heat Biologics, Inc.? Apply online »
Office Management Assistant
Heat Biologics, Inc. (www.heatbio.com) is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing its novel, "off-the-shelf" ImPACT therapeutic vaccines to combat a wide range of cancers. Our ImPACT Therapy is designed to deliver live, genetically-modified, irradiated human cells which are reprogrammed to "pump out" a broad spectrum of cancer-associated antigens together with a potent immune adjuvant called "gp96" to educate and activate a cancer patient's immune system to recognize and kill cancerous cells. Heat's products are currently being investigated in several clinical trials.
About the Position
The Office Manager is a hands-on member of this dynamic biotech start-up company. The position is a hybrid role between Office Manager and Executive Assistant. Candidates will be expected to seamlessly move between a variety of tasks. Example activities associated with each role are listed below:
- Office Manager
- Serve in prominent role to support visitors, including managing office phone lines
- Serve as point person and liaise with property management and various vendors (e.g. IT, maintenance, cleaning, supplies, equipment)
- Plan in-house or off-site company-sponsored activities (e.g. team lunches, birthdays, Holiday parties)
- Executive Assistant
- Organize travel logistics, including conference registration, and pre- and post-travel activities (e.g. follow-up from meetings, business card database, expense reports)
- Schedule in-house or off-site meetings (e.g. advisory boards, investor meetings, preparation of investor slide decks)
Percentage of time associated with each role, and actual activities will vary widely.
Performs other work related duties as assigned. Minimal domestic and/or international travel may be required (up to 15%).
Skills and Attributes
Exceptional attention to detail, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills with demonstration of critical thinking and problem solving skills. Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), web-based systems, email, and voicemail. Ability to perform several tasks simultaneously and change tasks as needed. Self-motivation and ability to work independently.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package as well as an environment where your contributions can make a significant difference.