About Heat Biologics
Heat Biologics is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing first-in-class therapies to modulate the immune system. The company's gp96 platform is designed to activate immune responses against cancer or infectious diseases. The Company has multiple product candidates in development leveraging the gp96 platform, including HS-110, which has completed enrollment in its Phase 2 trial, and a COVID-19 vaccine program in preclinical development. In addition, Heat is also developing a pipeline of proprietary immunomodulatory antibodies and cell-based therapies, including PTX-35 and HS-130 in Phase 1 clinical trials.
This position is an integral member of the business development (BD) team. We are seeking a highly motivated individual with a background in biology/ immunology. The ideal candidate may be a recent graduate in a PhD program in biology / immunology who has an interest in a business career versus a research career. Prior work experience in tech transfer, biopharmaceutical industry or consulting is preferred. This individual will contribute to Heat Biologics’ corporate BD goals and objectives, support the BD and commercial strategy and alliance management functions. This position reports to the Chief of Staff and Director of Business Development and will interact directly with the company’s management team.
This position is office-based in Heat Biologics’ headquarter office in Research Triangle Park Area of North Carolina. During COVID-19, the option of working remotely is available and transition to fully office-based arrangement will be determined per company health and safety guidelines.
- Support all aspects of corporate development and business development activities
- Contribute to corporate strategy, partnership strategy and product development strategy in collaboration with the senior management team
- Support and coordinate meetings for Chief of Staff including internal and external communications
- Manage BD tracking database
- Monitor market intelligence and competitive landscape on therapeutics areas and targets relevant to current and future Heat Biologics pipeline portfolio
- Develop and update all external presentations (including corporate, partnership, scientific and clinical presentation materials) in collaboration with the rest of the BD team
- Liaise with all departments to support corporate planning and partnering activities
- MD or PhD in one of the relevant Biological Sciences
- Prior work experience in biopharmaceutical industry or major management consulting firms preferred
- High energy individual with positive attitude and strong communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills
- Good understanding of drug discovery and development processes preferred
- Ability to interface and collaborate with internal and external cross-functional teams
- Strategic thinker with good quantitative analytical abilities and ability to understand and translate complex scientific concepts into core business objectives
- Working knowledge of business valuations or biostatistics a strong plus
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize to management multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Travel (up to 20%) may be required