Accounts Payable Manager
Heat Biologics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company and Pelican Therapeutics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Heat. Together they are progressing a portfolio of immunotherapy products to fight cancer. In the next year, Heat/Pelican will have multiple products in numerous early phase clinical programs. This position will be based in Durham, North Carolina and the successful candidate must be organized, self-motivated, and able to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic biotech environment where flexibility, tolerability to rapid change, and drive to make a significant impact is essential.
The Accounts Payable Manager is a hands-on member of this dynamic biotech start-up company. This position is responsible for all activities in the accounts payable function, ensures timely payments of vendor invoices and maintains accurate records and control reports.
- Establishes and maintains financial systems to assure timely and accurate payment of all accounts payable.
- Supervises preparation and distribution of all invoices, statements, contracts, vouchers, etc. for payment to ensure compliance with internal controls.
- Monitor and resolve all account payable issues and administer all invoices for vendors
- Regularly informs the Controller of the status of the payables section and makes recommendations for improvements in systems and procedures.
- Training of personnel on use of Concur expense reporting system.
- Ensures timely and accurate availability of status reports and information for appropriate staff.
- Manage the 1099-Misc reporting requirements.
- Reconciles all accounts payable general ledger accounts monthly.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance, Management or related field.
- 5+ years of accounting experience.
- 3+ years of relevant Accounts Payable Manager work experience.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong cross-functional interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with NetSuite and Concur software packages preferred.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.