Business Development Associate
About Heat Biologics:
Heat Biologics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing novel therapeutics designed to activate a patient's immune system against cancer using CD8+ "killer" T-cells. Pelican Therapeutics, Inc., a subsidiary of Heat Biologics, is focused on the development of co-stimulatory monoclonal antibody and fusion protein-based therapies designed to activate the immune system. For more information, please visit www.heatbio.com.
The Business Development (BD) Associate will be a key contributor to the BD team of Heat Biologics. This position is office-based in the Research Triangle Park Area of North Carolina.
The individual will support all BD opportunities, including out-licensing, in-licensing, technology evaluation, collaborations, mergers and acquisitions. This position requires extensive interaction with cross-functional team leaders at the company as well as the biopharmaceutical community at large. As an integral BD team member, the individual will be required to liaise with executive management and to support the company at various conferences. In addition, the individual will have the opportunity to lead designated BD projects.
BD Function Support:
- Supports all BD transactions
- Meeting / conference coordination, tracking of BD interactions
- Develops presentations for Business Development, Investor Relations /Public Relations and Medical Affairs
- Provides due diligence support for partnership discussions
- Support the conduct of competitive intelligence
- Biopharmaceutical industry experience preferred but not required
- Understanding of global biologics development, regulatory processes and commercialization preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree required; advanced degree (Masters/Ph.D.) in a scientific discipline a plus
- Skilled in PowerPoint and Excel
- Some travel may be required
- Strong interpersonal skills
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.