Senior Manager/Manager of Business Development
About Heat Biologics
Heat Biologics is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing first-in-class therapies to modulate the immune system. The company's gp96 platform is designed to activate immune responses against cancer or infectious diseases. The Company has multiple product candidates in development leveraging the gp96 platform, including HS-110, which has completed enrollment in its Phase 2 trial, and a COVID-19 vaccine program in preclinical development. In addition, Heat is also developing a pipeline of proprietary immunomodulatory antibodies and cell-based therapies, including PTX-35 and HS-130 in Phase 1 clinical trials.
This position is an integral member of the business development (BD) team. We are seeking a highly motivated individual with PhD training in biology/ immunology. At least 2 years of BD experience in biopharmaceutical company focused on immuno-oncology is preferred. This individual will contribute to Heat Biologics’ corporate BD goals and objectives, support the BD and commercial strategy and alliance management functions. This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer and works in collaboration with the Senior Business Development Advisor.
This position is office-based in Heat Biologics’ headquarter office in Research Triangle Park Area of North Carolina. During COVID-19, the option of working remotely is available and transition to fully office-based arrangement will be determined per company health and safety guidelines.
- Support all aspects of corporate development and business development activities
- Contribute to corporate strategy, partnership strategy and product development strategy in collaboration with the senior management team
- Manage BD tracking database
- Monitor market intelligence and competitive landscape on therapeutics areas and targets relevant to current and future Heat Biologics pipeline portfolio
- Develop and update all external presentations (including corporate, partnership, scientific and clinical presentation materials) in collaboration with the rest of the BD team
- Liaise with all departments to support corporate planning and partnering activities
- MD, PhD or PharmD with strong understanding of immunology, cancer biology and/or the immuno-oncology field
- At least 2 years of experience in biopharmaceutical company, preferably immuno-oncology company with good understanding of discovery and development processes of biologics for therapeutics and vaccines
- Strategic thinker with good quantitative analytical abilities; working knowledge of business valuations or biostatistics a strong plus
- Ability to understand and translate complex scientific concepts into core business objectives
- High energy individual with positive attitude and strong attention to detail
- Strong communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills: ability to work independently and collaboratively with internal and external cross-functional teams
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Travel (up to 20%) may be required
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.